About The Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Section
The Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Section serves its members, the physical therapy profession, and the community, by promoting the development, application and advancement of cardiovascular and pulmonary physical therapy practice, education and research.
The Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Section APTA, Inc serves its members and the physical therapy profession by promoting the development, application and advancement of cardiovascular and pulmonary physical therapy practice, education and research.
The Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Section - APTA, Inc. will be the leading advocate and resource for consumers as well as physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, and PT/PTA students who provide health, wellness, prevention and/or rehabilitation services in a variety of practice settings to individuals of all ages at risk for, or diagnosed with, cardiovascular or pulmonary impairments.
The Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Section APTA, Inc. uses the following values to guide its decisions, actions and plans:
- Responsiveness - to the needs and requests made by section members, APTA initiatives, and external parties such as legislators and third party payers
- Growth and Commitment - of the Section via membership recruitment, retention and involvement as well as via collaboration with other APTA components and potential corporate sponsors.
- Influence - within and outside the APTA regarding programming, legislative, practice, reimbursement and other pertinent issues of interest to the Section.
- Evidence - as a basis for contemporary cardiovascular and pulmonary practice.
- Recognition - of membership creativity, commitment, involvement and accomplishment.
Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Section
1055 N. Fairfax St. Suite 205,
Alexandria, VA 22314
Phone: 800/999-2782, ext. 3284